Description of Hardware:
- Chassis PXI 24v 4slots (more options on installing in machine as this is robust and compact)
- Continuous or alternating current power supply, detachable and easily replaceable.
- CPU PXI Core 2 Duo 2.16GHz (more power for critical tasks)
- 4 GB DDR2 RAM (greater flexibility even with a large volume of data)
- 2 Ethernet Gigabit Ports.
- 4 USB 2.0
- SOLID STATE Hard Drive 32Gb.
- High quality and precision 16-bit analogical input card.
- High quality and precision 16-bit analogical output card.
- High speed pulse counter card.
By having various cards, each with a specific function, three effects are achieved:
- Simultaneousness in the processes and parallel work which greatly increases the flexibility of the equipment.
- Redundancy where required.
- It allows the computer to adapt to the signals.
Description of Software:
The language in which the programme is written makes natural use of parallel processing(multitasking- multithreading) making good use of the processor´s two nuclei.
Besides this natural tendency, the routines which are written with flexibility as their objective reinforce this aspect. Adding to this the cards' drivers, which are the fastest currently in existence, the result is a piece of equipment which is difficult to saturate.
The software is well-organised with a modular design which allows the easy introduction of partial modifications and the adaptation of the equipment to the specific needs of the client. This last point carries becomes especially important when it comes to working in tandem with complimentary applications.